The Emperor's Champion ............... 160 pointsEdit
- 1 (Unique)
- The Armor of Faith
- Bolt pistol
- The Black Sword
- Frag and krak grenades
- And They Shall Know No Fear
- Combat Tactics
- Independent Character
- Slayer of Champions
- Vows of the Champion
Chapter Tactics: If you include The Emperor's Champion than all units in your army exchange the Combat Tactics special rule for the Crusader and Rightous Zeal special rules. If more than one character in your army has the Chapter Tactics special rule, you must choose which version will apply.
The Armor of Faith: This is artificer armor that confers a 4+ invulnerable save.
The Black Sword: This is a relic blade.
Slayer of Champions: Before resolving combats in any Assault phase where the Emperor's Champion is in combat with an enemy unit containing one or more enemy Independent Characters, you must immediately move the Emperor's Champion so that he is in base-to-base contact with at least one enemy Independent Character. If there is no room to place the Emperor's Champion in base-to-base contact, simply move a friendly model out of the way (maintaining coherency of course). The Emperor's Champion always re-rolls any failed rolls To Hit and To Wound that are directed against an enemy Independent Character.
Vows of the Champions: At the beginning of each controlling players turn, you must select one of the following to take effect until the beginning of your next turn.
- Abhor the Witch: Any psychic power used, targeting or hitting a friendly unit or vehicle, is nullified and will not work on a D6 roll of a 5+.
- Accept Any Challenge: All friendly infantry and walker units have the Rage and Preferred Enemy universal special rule.
- Suffer Not the Unclean: All friendly units have +1 Strength and -1 Initiative. This Strength bonus is not cumlative with Strength bonus conferred by the Furious Charge universal special rule.
- Uphold the Honor of the Emperor: All friendly infantry units gain a 5+ invulnerable save and are immune to Pinning effects.